After much consideration, planning and praying, the church staff, in conjunction with the church board, have devised a plan for how our church will move forward into the future in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The CDC has recommended no social gatherings of more than 50 people and President Trump recently asked for no gatherings of more than10 people. I believe we should adhere to those guidelines not out of fear, but out of the good of all people. click here to read the entire plan.
Here are a few main points:
- Our Sunday morning services will move to Live Stream only at 11am for at least the next three Sunday’s, then we’ll make a decision about Easter Sunday and what is to come after that
- We are working on making this a family service to engage all ages… additionally, Pastor Kim working on some resources for kids and families during this time. She will be reaching out with some incredible opportunities to help guide your kids soon!
- All gatherings on our church campus are closed until at least April 10, 2020.
- Church Offices will be closed at least until April 10, except for Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm.
- We are creating a Facebook group specifically for devotions and prayer requests.
- Since we can’t meet together in person, we will utilize the internet. Still working on how this will exactly look, but we’re working towards it.
- We will be postponing the 100 Anniversary Celebration until the fall.
- If you know of anyone in our congregation that needs help during this time, please let us know!
We must keep loving God, loving others and serving both!
Pray for those whose jobs are being affected and for those who are at high risk!
We will be sending a weekly email communication to everyone in the church on Thursdays.
Please continue to give your tithes and offerings online, via the mail, dropping it off on Wednesdays from 11am-1pm or by contacting the church office and asking us to pick it up from your porch!
To give online: www.portlandnazarene.com/giving
Mailing Address: 409 S. Russell St., Portland, TN 37148
Remember, even though we won’t be a room physically gathering, the church is still gathering! The church is not a place, it’s a people! So, continue to Love God, Love Others and Serve Both! Keep growing in Christ and keep seeking him, wherever you may find yourself!
I love you and there is nothing you can do about it! -Pastor Matt, The Church Staff and The Church Board